PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] applets messed up on the top panel

TheRacerX
November 8th, 2011, 01:46 AM
ok i have a very frustrating problem somehow all the applets on my top panel have gotten rearranged, not my doing i assure you, the connection applet somehow ended up in the far right corner where the shut down restart and so on button should be and i dont know how to get everything back to the way it was when i first installed Ubuntu. Anyone know how to do it, the problem is you cant unlock the network applet from the panel and move it so i dont know if theres a different way or what?

randywilharm
November 8th, 2011, 01:50 AM
ok i have a very frustrating problem somehow all the applets on my top panel have gotten rearranged, not my doing i assure you, the connection applet somehow ended up in the far right corner where the shut down restart and so on button should be and i dont know how to get everything back to the way it was when i first installed Ubuntu. Anyone know how to do it, the problem is you cant unlock the network applet from the panel and move it so i dont know if theres a different way or what?

Alt + right-clicking on the icon (is that what you mean by applet?)

should give you more options.

TheRacerX
November 8th, 2011, 01:53 AM
the icon you click on when you look at your connections the one that looks like 2 plugs plugged together that icon is somehow in the far right corner and ive tried alt right click and it does nothing