PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] No screenlets w/11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

gulmer
November 7th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I get the screenlets manager and the ability to add the screenlets to the desktop, but they do not appear. Is there something missing with this upgrade that needs to be added to get screenlets to work? Also, is there a way to change the application icons in the unity panel? yes, I'm using the unity desktop.:confused:

fantab
November 8th, 2011, 06:02 AM
I get the screenlets manager and the ability to add the screenlets to the desktop, but they do not appear. Is there something missing with this upgrade that needs to be added to get screenlets to work? Also, is there a way to change the application icons in the unity panel? yes, I'm using the unity desktop.:confused:

I have SCREENLETS up and running on my ONEIRIC. There is no problem.

Try purging and reinstalling Screenlets

gulmer
November 12th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Problem solved by going into synaptic package manager, searching for icons, and added a bunch of gnome icons and the xfce-4 weather plugins, and some gnome color themes. After that I got screenlets working and some missing icons added. Not sure what exactly did the trick, but hey it's working now. I just need to get more widow decorations.

David006
November 28th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Problem solved by going into synaptic package manager, searching for icons, and added a bunch of gnome icons and the xfce-4 weather plugins, and some gnome color themes. After that I got screenlets working and some missing icons added. Not sure what exactly did the trick, but hey it's working now. I just need to get more widow decorations.

Any further details? on method used, steps ..

Are you using Screenlets v0.1.4 ?

gulmer
November 28th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Any further details? on method used, steps ..

Are you using Screenlets v0.1.4 ?

I am using version 0.1.5, all screenlets are working like they should, maybe because of my adding icons or just from all the updates, I'm not sure, but they did respond to my gnome icon and gnome color themes that I added. I just searched for icons in synaptic, found gnome-extra-icons, gnome-icon-theme-symbolic,gnome-themes-more, plus more gnome icon themes and colors and the weather plugin, all at the same time. I was trying to get more choices for the desktop appearance, besides getting screenlets to work. No special method to my madness.

David006
November 28th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I did a clean install yesterday (28-Nov), which gave me Screenlets v0.1.5 ..

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric) + Unity (3D), and it works fine.

gulmer
November 29th, 2011, 12:13 AM
I did a clean install yesterday (28-Nov), which gave me Screenlets v0.1.5 ..

I'm using Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric) + Unity (3D), and it works fine.

Same here, problem solved.