PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations jdong!

kassetra
March 8th, 2005, 11:11 PM
jdong was just in a big robotics competition, and his team is

US FIRST! (Sacramento Regionals) CHAMPIONS!!
Yay Team-245, Adam-Bots!! You're *DA BOMB!*

Join me in celebrating an awesome acheivement by our hard-working backports developer! =D>

YAY JDONG!

ubuntu-geek
March 8th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Congrats!

BWF89
March 8th, 2005, 11:13 PM
I hope his robot runs inbeded Linux or NetBSD. :grin:

jdong
March 8th, 2005, 11:25 PM
I hope his robot runs inbeded Linux or NetBSD. :grin:

Thanks, everyone! It's a warm welcome home! I've been busy the past two days making up work from 4 AP classes, testing an hour before & after school on average!

This Saturday, I have SAT's... And the whole competition process repeats again in two weeks! Go us!

I met some great teams there. We have a really strong robot this year. Does anyone else here do FIRST?

As far as the embedded 'nix comment: The processors we deal with are PIC18F8520's... crappy, nonstandard C. It's very simple to write a daemon that runs on a Linux laptop, using the actual controller as a proxy via Serial. However, the rules are sketchy when it comes to custom processors. I've made a proposal to ChiefDelphi (FIRST's biggest community) that an exception/clarification be made to the rules next year: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35961

Let's hope to see Linux robots! If they approve, I'll be leading the development effort.

Thanks for the recognition, guys. I appreciate it.

P.S., Yes, it'll certainly be based off Ubuntu!

poofyhairguy
March 8th, 2005, 11:48 PM
Thanks, everyone! It's a warm welcome home! I've been busy the past two days making up work from 4 AP classes, testing an hour before & after school on average!

This Saturday, I have SAT's... And the whole competition process repeats again in two weeks! Go us!

You sure are busy. Congrats on your accomplishment, and good luck on school work. Be sure to get yourself a good SAT book, it will help a lot.

Yeah jdong!

adbak
March 9th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Congratulations!

TravisNewman
March 9th, 2005, 04:29 AM
jdong, do you ever sleep?

Seriously.

Congrats man, that's awesome!

mark
March 9th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Isaac (as in Asimov) would be so proud...Congratulations!

DJ_Max
March 9th, 2005, 04:38 AM
jdong, do you ever sleep?

Seriously.

Congrats man, that's awesome!
Probably not, and with SAT's coming around the corner, I think the mod should ban jdong. Call it tough love. :D

Any way, kill em dead in the other competiton for me. =D>

bored2k
March 9th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Probably not, and with SAT's coming around the corner, I think the mod should ban jdong. Call it tough love. :D

Any way, kill em dead in the other competiton for me. =D>
He is the mod lol .

edit > actually, hes a "super" mod lol

DJ_Max
March 9th, 2005, 04:43 AM
He is the mod lol .

edit > actually, hes a "super" mod lol
And why didn't I see that? Must be time to get some sleep. Well then have an admin ban him...

machiner
March 9th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Robots are cool....

Slapdash
March 9th, 2005, 03:48 PM
Dude that is totally awesome!!! CONGRATS! =D>

I'm also into bots but I usually never finish them!!
My friend recently built a robot that he controls via his cellphone. THat was so awesome. 8-)
Man I'd love to get into it more but unlike you I need my beauty sleep :D

bored2k
March 9th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Anyone else saw this ?
Arm wrestling robots beaten by a teenaged girl (http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7113)