PDA

View Full Version : Sound delay in wine

KubuntuKilledMe
June 3rd, 2006, 01:19 PM
I can play Warcraft 3 fine with wine in kubuntu dapper but the sound i hear has nearly 1 second delay from what it should be. I've tried different settings in winecfg audio tab but it makes no difference. I'm using alsa output in wine.

Is there a way to fix this delay?

blacktorch
June 30th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Don't know how to fix it, but I have the same problem. It's the same with Max Payne as well. I hope someone knows how to fix this...

Megatog615
September 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM
*BUMP*

I have this problem too.

XVampireX
September 16th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Here comes your savior:

The problem is well known with wine. If you use ALSA, that most likely is the problem, as the wine alsa drivers are not good. I'm having the same problem trying to run D2:LoD with ALSA (Alot of lag between action and sound).

Solution: Disable (untick) ALSA and Enable (tick) OSS.

Hope that works.

WC3 worked for me last time I checked (No sound lag).

But if you really need alsa, you can *try* and run it (while in oss) via alsa-oss wrapper:

sudo apt-get install alsa-oss

and then

aoss wine /path/to/file

louman
September 19th, 2006, 04:16 AM
i have an audio delay of about 50-100 milliseconds with pretty much everything i run with wine. i changed the settings to use OSS instead of ALSA but had no luck. I also tried using JACK with no luck. Anyone else have this problem?

ph0nph0n
September 6th, 2007, 10:27 PM
After some testing, it turned out that setting the driver emulation to on on the audio tab of the wine config (run winecfg in a terminal, or click on the link in your applications menu) greatly decreased the sound delay. Well, at least that worked for me.

You probably don't give a **** about what i'm saying because your post was one year ago, but nevermind... others may have this problem now!

Hope this helps, hf and gl.

hyperair
December 5th, 2007, 05:55 PM
Thanks man that really helped. I was suffering in a CS game earlier.

Just for additional info, I'm using pulseaudio, and I just stick padsp in front of everything.

oilgame
October 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM
After some testing, it turned out that setting the driver emulation to on on the audio tab of the wine config (run winecfg in a terminal, or click on the link in your applications menu) greatly decreased the sound delay. Well, at least that worked for me.

You probably don't give a **** about what i'm saying because your post was one year ago, but nevermind... others may have this problem now!

Hope this helps, hf and gl.

Works great :) Thanks!