PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] problems with installation on a netbook

jcdenton_riseup
November 6th, 2011, 06:09 PM
whenever I boot the installation from a usb stick, all the menu options work fine _except_ 'install ubuntu'. the machine makes a beeping sound, screen flashes and nothing happens. do you know what might be the problem? I tried running the installation 'manually' (without the graphic niceities through 'help') but at some point it asks for a cd and my computer ('dell inspiron mini') doesn't even have a cd-rom. then it asks if I want to load the files from another device, I click 'yes', but that fails.

any ideas?

fantab
November 6th, 2011, 08:39 PM
whenever I boot the installation from a usb stick, all the menu options work fine _except_ 'install ubuntu'. the machine makes a beeping sound, screen flashes and nothing happens. do you know what might be the problem? I tried running the installation 'manually' (without the graphic niceities through 'help') but at some point it asks for a cd and my computer ('dell inspiron mini') doesn't even have a cd-rom. then it asks if I want to load the files from another device, I click 'yes', but that fails.

any ideas?

Did you tell your netbook to boot from USB? You have to do this in BIOS settings.

If the above does not work then you may have to remake the USB.