PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgraded to 11.10, and it's cool BUT I can't change my colors

rby151
November 6th, 2011, 04:27 PM
I recently upgraded to 11.10, and my color scheme was removed in the process. I figured that's fine, I can redo it pretty easily. But now, the Appearance app does not have the ability to edit colors like it used to. Also, I noticed there are now considerably fewer visual themes to choose from. I tried the Color app, but that doesn't do what I'm trying to do either. How do I change the colors of my windows, text, etc. now that I have 11.10? Might my old appearance scheme be saved somewhere on my computer, and if so where? Thanks in advance.

BillyBoa
November 6th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Well the problem is that with every new Ubuntu upgrade we have less options to tweak. You could try to find solutions through advanced tweak options and Compiz but there are not so many.

rby151
November 8th, 2011, 04:53 PM
I'm kind of a noob, how do I find advanced tweak options and/or Compiz?

Pepe Lebuntu
December 28th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Same problem for me. Really annoyed at this. The whole point of linux is that it's meant to be freedom, it's meant to allow us to do changes. Since Gnome 2 got the boot, we've been seeing more and more of our freedoms stripped away by Ubuntu releases. This is getting kinda stupid - I can change more stuff on a M$7 machine, for heaven's sake!