PDA

View Full Version : Is AskUbuntu.com open for guide-business yet?

donb21
November 6th, 2011, 03:00 PM
I followed the link to "AskUbuntu.com" hoping to find guides, but all I saw were questions and a button to ask more questions. Is there going to be a button for "Add a guide"? Or, maybe I just missed it...?

castrojo
November 6th, 2011, 06:46 PM
You can post a how to, just formulate it in the form of a question. So instead of "Guide to Getting a Foozbar 9000 working with LIRC in 9.10" it would be:

"How do I get a Foozbar 9000 working with LIRC?" and then tag it 9.10, mythbuntu, and probably lirc. Then just post the guide as an answer to the question.

EDIT: if you have a newish account the system might make you wait before answering your question, so if you have a bunch you might want to team up with someone and have them ask the question for you so you can answer it right away or the other way around. (I can help you with this, see my profile for contact info)

donb21
November 6th, 2011, 10:03 PM
OK, sounds like it's FAQ-style; but how do you tell the difference between just-questions and questions-with-guides? Is there a special tag, or something in the name, or something else? Do you have an example we could take a look at?

castrojo
November 7th, 2011, 01:00 AM
There's no real tag for that, people usually just hit what they want when coming in from google.

Here's an example of one I made:

- http://askubuntu.com/questions/20543/how-do-i-get-a-boxee-remote-working