PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Restoring Gnome Workspaces at startup

weyland42
November 6th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Is there a way to automatically restore Gnome Classic Workspaces to the way they were when I powered off?

What happens now is that all open Firefox windows come up in Workspace-1, and I have to manually move them to other Workspaces. (I use eight.)

Related question: It's easy to move a Firefox window, but not something like System Monitor, or Skype, or Sticky Notes, or a text editor. Is there a way to move such applications between Workspaces without stopping and restarting them?

Can't see any of this in the user guide.

[By the way, I'm using 11.10, but I can't change the reference to 11.04 (to the left, under the avatar I can't add).]

weyland42
November 6th, 2011, 05:41 PM
No suggestions?

Is there a way to automatically restore Gnome Classic Workspaces to the way they were when I powered off?

What happens now is that all open Firefox windows come up in Workspace-1, and I have to manually move them to other Workspaces. (I use eight.)

Related question: It's easy to move a Firefox window, but not something like System Monitor, or Skype, or Sticky Notes, or a text editor. Is there a way to move such applications between Workspaces without stopping and restarting them?

Can't see any of this in the user guide.

[By the way, I'm using 11.10, but I can't change the reference to 11.04 (to the left, under the avatar I can't add).]

weyland42
November 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM

[related question deleted - not important]

Can't see this in the user guide.

Anyone know if this is even possible?

weyland42
November 8th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I guess I must be the only one using Workspaces.

Tried to join gnomesupport.org ten days ago, but they still haven't activated my account.

:(