PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Xubuntu session + compiz on Ubuntu

GammaPoint
November 5th, 2011, 11:40 PM
I'm currently running Ubuntu 11.11. I can't stand Unity or Gnome 3, and so I downloaded the package xubuntu-desktop in an attempt to run XFCE within Ubuntu. It seems to work just fine, and I've selected 'xubuntu' session and logged in. However, I have trouble getting compiz to work. When I run the command '
[code]
compiz --replace
[\code]

terminals and windows get frozen and can't be moved. Should compiz be able to run in an xubuntu session on ubuntu? My other computer runs xubuntu natively and is able to run compiz just fine.

Thanks for the help!

LinuxFan999
November 6th, 2011, 02:45 PM
I'm currently running Ubuntu 11.11. I can't stand Unity or Gnome 3, and so I downloaded the package xubuntu-desktop in an attempt to run XFCE within Ubuntu. It seems to work just fine, and I've selected 'xubuntu' session and logged in. However, I have trouble getting compiz to work. When I run the command '
[code]
compiz --replace
[\code]

terminals and windows get frozen and can't be moved. Should compiz be able to run in an xubuntu session on ubuntu? My other computer runs xubuntu natively and is able to run compiz just fine.

Thanks for the help!
Try uninstalling Xubuntu-desktop, then installing "Vanilla" XFCE. Then try running Compiz under that.