PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with login in 11.10

StevefromLongIsland
November 5th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Alright, so every time I open my laptop and enter my password, it logs me in for a short moment, and then the screen goes black. When I move my mouse the screen returns to the login screen. When I enter my password the second time, it always works. So that's my first problem.

My second problem is that every time I login, without fail, I need to enter the password to my wireless router. It's a major pain, and I can't figure out why it asks every single time. It did not do this before I upgraded to 11.10. The wireless password will stay if I enter it in that brief moment before my screen goes black, but if I close the lid and leave the computer, it will forget the password.

I think the login screen return may have to do with the fact that my computer for some reason will not hibernate when the lid shuts, despite what I tell it do in the power options thing. After a while, it will hibernate, but it says something starting with "CPU Core Temperature" (I can't remember the whole phrase, but I think it means it may have overheated) when I open it up. I think this may have something to do with these errors, but I do not know.

System: Toshiba Satellite L305-S5937, Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. 3.7 GB RAM, 2.16 GHz Dual-Core.

Thank you.