PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] help to uninstall ubuntu 10.10

firefox834
November 5th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Don't know if im in the right place but i urgently need to uninstall ubuntu 10.10 and get my disk space back for windows 7 ultimate. I have windows 7 on 60gb partition and i have an 80gb partition thats 100% free..i need windows only

darkod
November 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM
Just enter win7, open disk management and delete the ubuntu partitions. Then create one ntfs partition from that space.
After that you will need to restore windows bootloader to the MBR which you can do with your win7 dvd. To be sure you know how to do it, you can investigate first "how to restore win7 boot process" in google.

PS. If you want to leave yourself the option to install ubuntu again easily, when you delete the partition don't create ntfs from the whole space. Leave about 8-10GB at the end unallocated (not belonging to any partition). Ubuntu needs less than 3-4GB to install. If you leave unallocated space in future you can install without any deleting or resizing of existing partitions.

firefox834
November 5th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Thanks for your help....I doubt if I will ever install Ubuntu again as I want an operating system that can do everything with ease