PDA

View Full Version : The "peers" feature on Azureus

nickle
June 3rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
Azureus often gets ctirized becuase it is bloated and some of this critisism is probably warrented.
But there is one "usless" feature on Azureus I love. When you click on an active torrent and go to the peers tab, you get a list of all the active peers you ar connected to and a little flag indicating which country they are from. I love this. I t wonderful to see that you are connected to people from all over the world, some in countries I had never even heard of. Useless... well maybe... Nice... very..:)

stimpack
June 3rd, 2006, 10:44 AM
I too love all the stuff they have packed into Azureus, It may be bloat if you dont use the features, but if you do it is simply without peer (no pun).

I find it is also the most 'seeder' friendy client I have used, I seed alot more with Azureus than I did with other clients.

Its killer feature for me however... Crossplatform, I use it in Linux, OS X and Windows.

Cyfr
June 3rd, 2006, 11:19 AM
Azureus often gets ctirized becuase it is bloated and some of this critisism is probably warrented.
But there is one "usless" feature on Azureus I love. When you click on an active torrent and go to the peers tab, you get a list of all the active peers you ar connected to and a little flag indicating which country they are from. I love this. I t wonderful to see that you are connected to people from all over the world, some in countries I had never even heard of. Useless... well maybe... Nice... very..:)

It tends to get them wrong a lot though, just works off the resolved host... so .com = US

Half the UK connections or more are .com :p

curtis
June 3rd, 2006, 11:25 AM
It tends to get them wrong a lot though, just works off the resolved host... so .com = US

Half the UK connections or more are .com :p
I thought it resolved the host name then got where the client was based on his/her IP range.

curuxz
June 3rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
I love watching the swarm, esp on fast torrents where you have loads of them, shame you cant get a more detailed one with maybe who each one of them is connected too making a web of connections :)