PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth in ubuntu 11.10

arlondo
November 4th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Hi,
I have a a HP-Compaq dx7500 micro tower installed with ubuntu 11.10. Everything is working fine except for a bluetooth dongle. In fact my mobile can find my desktop through bluetooth but its not possible the other way round, thus its impossible to transfer files. Is there any problem with bluetooth support in ubuntu 11.10. Plz help.

gandaran
November 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM
yes, there is a problem on 11.10 not for all but many users are complaining including me, never had any problem with bluetooth before on other ubuntu versions but now doesn't work.

tomek_wap
November 4th, 2011, 08:31 PM
i tried BT dongle and works fine.

what doesnt work is my built in BT module ... :(

tomek_wap
November 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
something weird happened. due to messed up ATI drivers, had to reinstall Ubuntu from scratch ...

decided to install Windows 7 that was shipped with my notebook, to see if Bluetooth is there and if it works under Windows. And it did :)

I've switched on the Bluetooth in Windows (software switch), and left it like that.

Then installed Ubuntu replacing all data on HDD ... and then I found that Bluetooth is working under Ubuntu :)

What a surprise. Seems to me that the software switch had soemthing to do with this.

Anyways, problem solved :)
And maybe it's a solution for others to try out.

arlondo
November 7th, 2011, 11:31 AM
As tomek_wap (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=1479943) said it's a bit weird that switching on the bluetooth in Windows7 and reinstalling (clean install) ubuntu makes the bluetooth work in ubuntu 11.10!!!!!!:o

GugaBFigueiredo
December 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
Any way to solve this without re-installing ubuntu from scratch??