PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] stream to coax and/or broadcast NTSC/ATSC

moparisthebest
November 4th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Basically, what I want to do is be able to output something (either the screen, or a movie file, etc) in a standard either NTSC or ATSC format so a TV on the other side of the coax cable can turn to a certain channel and be able to watch it. What I'd really like to do is be able to broadcast these so any TV within, say, 100ft, could get them over-the-air, but a coax cable would be acceptable.

I haven't been able to find any results on google, because whenever I search for anything related to 'linux' and the words 'broadcast' 'NTSC' 'ATSC' or the like, it is all just about receiving such broadcasts, I haven't found anything about sending them.

One possible solution could be a graphics card that outputs to either composite RCA or s-video, hooking that into a RF-converter which would then send that signal out on either channel 3 or channel 4, but I'd really like to control the channel from software, and ultimately be able to broadcast on multiple channels simultaneously.

Does anyone know of any hardware and/or software currently capable of doing this? Or have ideas to get me started creating my own?