PDA

View Full Version : ATI Catalyst 11.10

collisionystm
November 4th, 2011, 01:31 AM
ATI is finally working for me with the latest catalyst 11.10 driver. Gnome-shell works with ZERO problems.

Much smoother and faster.

kommi
November 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
I installed catalyst 11.10 but have still problems with gnome shell. The top panel and the fonts are OK, but if I move the pointer to the top left to activate the activities view there is massive flickering and artefacts, in the end it works, but not the transition between the normal view and the overlay. Maybe I have to tweak some configurations. Will try around this evening.

Roasted
November 4th, 2011, 01:43 PM
I wonder how long the improved support will last.

http://linux.slashdot.org/story/11/11/03/2140213/amd-to-lay-off-10-of-global-workforce

"Advanced Micro Devices Inc. slashed its global employment by 1,400 jobs Thursday as the company seeks to boost profits and re-balance its work force to pursue new product areas. This amounts to over 11% of its global workforce, including Mark Langsdorf, who often posts AMD patches to the Linux Kernel Mailing List."

ATI. 2 and 2 is 4. Not 37. FOUR.

aeronutt
November 4th, 2011, 01:54 PM
ATI is finally working for me with the latest catalyst 11.10 driver. Gnome-shell works with ZERO problems.

Much smoother and faster.

What hardware do you have?

collisionystm
November 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Radeon HD 6380G.

I take back what I said. It was a premature statement. It is much faster and smoother than with 11.9.

However.....

11.10 runs horrible on my computer. Even without any Artifacts, the performance is unbearable.

Dell Vostro 3555
4 GB Ram
Amd Dual core
Radeon 6380G

Everything is slow. The global menu bar was at 100% CPU usage. Removed it, modified compiz. Got a little better. Still not what I want or expect.

xgt001
November 4th, 2011, 07:36 PM
i couldnt even install it even after several failed buildpkg and direct install methods....i did a complete reinstall of ubuntu, after noting lots of positive feedback from phoronix forums.... and i am not disappointed.Some gnome shell issues although very minor exists but gazillion times better than 11.9 :D