PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Dual Monitor issues

lolium
November 2nd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Hey guys, I hope this is in the right place. Ive just done a new install of ubuntu 11.04 and its automatically installed the nvidia drivers for my graphics cards and it detects both monitors. But for some reason i cant drag windows over to my secondary monitor, I've done some googling but i cant find anything thats helping. Under system > admin and the nvidia config tool, its currently set up as seperate x screen which is the problem. Im unable to set the monitors to become twin view and i even tried changing this manually in the xorg.conf but with no luck. I also wanted to tried the xinerama view but hwne i enable this and reboot X then my left monitor turns into a touchpad so to speak. For example i click on left monitor and it actions this on my right as i cant click on my right monitor. I hope you guys could help me out here as im not the best with X settings.

If you wish to view my xorg.conf then its located at http://mycheatsheet.info/xorg

thanks in advanced

Sam

Steeperton
November 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
I had the same issue trying to run it off two video cards... I had run both monitors off one card instead (had to buy a DVI to VGA adaptor).