PDA

View Full Version : How fastidious are you when it comes to cleaning?

wolfen69
November 2nd, 2011, 06:03 AM
I like to think I'm a fairly clean person overall, but I guess that depends... on a scale from 1-10, how fastidious are you? I'm about a 7 I guess, I let some things go, but overall I need things clean and organized. You?

V for Vincent
November 2nd, 2011, 09:03 AM
Messy. Let's say a 3. I don't let stuff rot or anything, but I let papers and computer gear and whatnot lie around.

KiwiNZ
November 2nd, 2011, 09:08 AM
I am a 10. I need and insist on the house being spotless and the grounds spotless. I drive the house keeper nuts I think.

LowSky
November 2nd, 2011, 09:13 AM
I had to look up fastidious. My centers of learning failed me, but there was Google being more helpful than any grammar lesson I ever received.

Another shout out for GNU Aspell. Without it's help my spelling would be disastrous.

I'm going to say 11.

kaldor
November 2nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
Messy, but not dirty. I'm a clean freak to a certain degree, but I am quite unorganized :)

BrokenKingpin
November 2nd, 2011, 04:57 PM
8 - I hate clutter, and I like this put in their proper place. I get very agitated when things are messy. That being said I can let vacuuming and dusting go for a while, it is more the clutter and things laying around that bothers me.

My house is usually very clean and organized.

trivialpackets
November 2nd, 2011, 05:07 PM
10, with an exception. My wife is probably a 12, so over the years I have worked my way up to a 10, except for in my desk drawer. That's my own drawer of RAM, laptop hard drives, printed off tutorials, linux ISO's and who knows what else.

CharlesA
November 2nd, 2011, 06:45 PM
Messy, but not dirty. I'm a clean freak to a certain degree, but I am quite unorganized :)
This would be me as well. Clean but unorganized.

srozzman
November 2nd, 2011, 07:06 PM
A 4 in the house, 8 for car

Tinker Tantrum
November 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
8 - I hate clutter, and I like this put in their proper place. I get very agitated when things are messy. That being said I can let vacuuming and dusting go for a while, it is more the clutter and things laying around that bothers me.

My house is usually very clean and organized.

I'm exactly the same way. I get really annoyed when anything "food" related is laying around. I try to keep the place as cool and dry as possible for my equipment. My girlfriend sleeps in the corner.

CharlesA
November 2nd, 2011, 07:13 PM
A 4 in the house, 8 for car

Oh, didn't even think about the car. My car is practically spotless most of the time, so I'd say an 8 or 9 for that.

Of course, I don't keep much in my car in the first place... ;)

JRV
November 2nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
When I am cleaning something I apply the 90-10 rule. You can clean 90% of the mess in 10% of the time. If you clean it 100% the 10% of the mess will return almost instantly.

Paqman
November 2nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Since having a toddler in the house I'd say about 3/10. Just keeping the general level of destruction and mayhem down to a tolerable level will have to do for now. As long as she's clean and there aren't too many discarded bits of food growing fur under the sofa and behind the TV then I'll call that a win.

cgroza
November 2nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
I am going to give myself a 4. I don't organize my things very well, but I always know were to find what I need.
I get disorientated and have to start looking for stuff when my room gets cleaned.

Linuxratty
November 2nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
This would be me as well. Clean but unorganized.

Same here.

BrokenKingpin
November 3rd, 2011, 04:56 AM
A 10 for my car. I keep it very clean and pretty much have nothing laying around in it. I have had it for about 3 years and it looks like it just came off the lot (from the inside anyways). I do run the crap out of it though, but I keep it on a regular maintenance schedule.

JDShu
November 3rd, 2011, 05:18 AM
2, my place isn't totally unhygienic, a big enough mess that people who see it can't say "oh it's not that bad" when I tell them the place is messy :P

Once in a while I realize the place is not in a habitable condition and then I clean a little bit.