PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] freezing problem

Ditchdoc7893
November 1st, 2011, 10:51 PM
Hello all! Since my recent install of 11.10, I have been having frequent problems with the computer freezing up. There's not really a common denominator as to what's running when it happens, but it happened today when I had Rhythmbox open. When I upgraded, I went from 10.10 to 11.10. 10.10 was stable as a stone, no freezing trouble at all. Anybody have any bright ideas what may be causing this?

rollingthunderb
November 2nd, 2011, 04:37 AM
I'm not really helping here, but I experienced a few freezes today.

Total Newb alert.

Did not upgrade. Clean install of 11.10. On same disk as a new 11.4 install. Grub working fine with Win 7 on sda, and 11.4 & 11.10 on sdb.

Scenarios include full screen slide show in image viewer. froze on one image. Updates were completed prior to freeze as of US AM 11/1. had to reset. can view image fine now just fine. tonight it froze when selecting the top right-hand star/power button to the right of the user name. "Moused over" software up to date, and boom freeze. reset again. Added non-rooted user, installed 11 available updates as of 10pm Central 11/1, and good so far.

Again, no help, just adding use case scenarios in case others have seen them. This is not a work computer, only learning Ubuntu at home, so if posts come in for me to do something, then please allow for delay before getting feedback.

Love the forum, love my shiny new Ubuntu desktops even more.

Cheers

B