PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Just upgraded to 11.10

Diametric
November 1st, 2011, 05:06 AM
Hello,

As I stated, I just ran an upgrade to 11.10 - the whole Unity thang is new to me, and while I dig the clean lines and larger space Unity gives on the desktop, I feel that I'd like to create link/option to access the full options to...say...systems settings.

For instance, now, if I click the computer in the top right to get system settings, I get a short list. How can I set it so I get the full list or is it customizable at all?

I guess what I'm looking for is a way to expand or augment the options Unity gives me.

Cheer!

Hedgehog1
November 1st, 2011, 06:12 AM
To add a link in the unity launcher, run the application (like the setup screen or chrome or whatever). While the app is in the launcher, right click on the launcher button for the app and select 'keep in launcher'.

You can use this feature to add and drop applications from the launcher to suit your taste.

The Hedge

:KS

Diametric
November 1st, 2011, 06:23 AM
Thanks for your reply - I just got that. However, I'm still wondering if it is customizable beyond that?

corncob
November 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM
Although I'm using 10.04LTS here on my main system I just installed 11.10 on a laptop. I notice some things are just no longer there like, most notably, Synaptic Package Manager, which I installed from the Ubuntu Software Center. Also 'Main Menu' which I installed from the terminal

sudo apt-get install alacarte
in the hope that I can use it to customise the menus.