PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Date Format in top panel

-pgg-
November 1st, 2011, 03:24 AM
Need to know exactly how to set the date time display on Ubuntu 11.04 to show correctly in the top panel for the time region for which the distribution was set up for.

How does one get the system time as used by indicator_applet ...various - and any programs/application that display time information - to display continuously in my correct local format - in Australia it is 'Weekday Day Month Year' - however Ubuntu 11.04 (and 11.10) insists on displaying it in the top panel as 'Weekday Month Day Year' also displaying in some applications that show critical date data, such as Exif when used in gThumb again with the two swapped around wrongly. The calender application shows it correctly in application body, but it is not reflected in the top panel! Yes, my location is set to the correct timezone! It seems possible in panel 'preferences' to change everything but the actual order in which day and month are displayed. This format is usually set at system level under 'system settings-language support-regional settings-apply system wide', which I have set again and again, but I cannot see how make it permanently display correctly in the top panel. Why has it changed for me between 10.10 and 11.04? Is it application specific? Is it a bug?

Displays correctly in Xubuntu but not Ubuntu Gnome (Unity switched off, of course!)