PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] gnome-shell screenshot captures only desktop wallpaper

Schr
October 31st, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hi,

When trying to screenshot of either a window or the whole screen, all I get is the wallpaper (or parts of it). The are from which the the screenshot is taken is correct, but the screenshot ignores all windows.

When I press the PrintScreen button it "flashes" the wallpaper over all my running apps, then takes the picture.

This happens even when running gnome-screenshot from command line, but I also get an error

** (gnome-screenshot:15121): DEBUG: The GetProfileForWindow request failed: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnkn own: The name org.gnome.ColorManager was not provided by any .service files

Beryllium
November 22nd, 2011, 10:22 PM
Exactly what is described happens to me too.

Frogs Hair
November 23rd, 2011, 02:42 AM
Enable the Alt + F2 command prompt from Keyboard Settings > Shortcuts > System . Run the following command and try print screen again .
r OR
reset

Gnome Cheat sheet : http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet

yaddoshi
December 15th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Restarting gnome-shell didn't work for me.

If it helps, I only noticed this issue after I switched from open source drivers to AMD Catalyst 11.12 for my Radeon 5850 - it's not an issue when I'm in Gnome Classic (no effects) however.

Beryllium
December 21st, 2011, 04:35 AM
Again, this happens to me too. Restarting gnome shell doesn't help, the background still flashes up. I'm using a Radeon 54xx on the 11.11 drivers. I'll assume this is an issue with fglrx, which doesn't seem to play nice with the compositer.