PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help setting up Netgear WNDA3100 USB wireless adapter

lwhgarrett
October 31st, 2011, 05:41 AM
I am brand new to ubuntu. I just put Ubuntu 11.10 on an older desktop. I need to get it to join my home wireless network. When the computer was running on Windows, I was able to use a Netgear USB wireless adapter without any problems. Now, I've spent some time looking through the forum answers, and, while I've seen a few threads on the issue, nothing has worked. I'm still clueless. Can someone please help? I assume I'll need to use another computer and put some software on a USB to transfer it to my ubuntu machine. I'd really appreciate any advice any of you could give me.

M!K3_$
October 31st, 2011, 05:58 AM
Welcome to the forum. I did a quick search on the forum for you and found this...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=885520&highlight=Netgear+WNDA3100

gandaran
October 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
I am brand new to ubuntu. I just put Ubuntu 11.10 on an older desktop. I need to get it to join my home wireless network. When the computer was running on Windows, I was able to use a Netgear USB wireless adapter without any problems. Now, I've spent some time looking through the forum answers, and, while I've seen a few threads on the issue, nothing has worked. I'm still clueless. Can someone please help? I assume I'll need to use another computer and put some software on a USB to transfer it to my ubuntu machine. I'd really appreciate any advice any of you could give me.
have you checked in system settings additional drivers if ubuntu is providing broadcom drivers for the adapter to activate?