PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] How do I activate the icons in Lubuntu

1richard
October 30th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I just installed Lubuntu on an old laptop and I want to activate my icons on the desktop like firefox, thunderbird etc, when I click on the icons nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks in advance.

Theredbaron1834
October 30th, 2011, 09:45 PM
What do you mean? On the desktop? Or on the lxpanel?

Did you install them, or could they just be leftover icon's from a previous install?

Can you post a screenshot of it? Press print screen, and it shows up in your home folder. (Or you can use "mtpaint -s from a term if you want to edit and then save the file").

BigSilly
October 30th, 2011, 10:17 PM
We're using Lubuntu 11.10 on our Eee 701, and it's marvellous isn't it?

Anyhoo, I get desktop icons by going into the normal user menus bottom left of the screen, finding the program I want on the desktop, say Chromium, then right clicking on it and selecting "Add to Desktop". This should work for you.

Rodney9
October 30th, 2011, 11:54 PM

Anyhoo, I get desktop icons by going into the normal user menus bottom left of the screen, finding the program I want on the desktop, say Chromium, then right clicking on it and selecting "Add to Desktop". This should work for you.

Thanks for that tip.

Yes Lubuntu is marvelous, so fast and so sleek.

Make sure you check out the Lubuntu One Stop Group (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11410340#post11410340)

Rodney

amjjawad
October 31st, 2011, 07:46 PM

and beyond being marvellous :)

amjjawad
October 31st, 2011, 07:49 PM
I just installed Lubuntu on an old laptop and I want to activate my icons on the desktop like firefox, thunderbird etc, when I click on the icons nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks in advance.

Hello and thanks for using Lubuntu :)

i get desktop icons by going into the normal user menus bottom left of the screen, finding the program i want on the desktop, say chromium, then right clicking on it and selecting "add to desktop". This should work for you.