PDA

View Full Version : DIstro for broadcasting live stream & podcast`

PatrickMoore
October 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM
I am looking to find a solid distribution that will allow me to easily broadcast on stickam and blog tv. I am trying to start up a tech blog and also like to dabble with streaming music on stickam. if anyone has a good suggestion I know I can find it here, thanks guys

mikewhatever
October 30th, 2011, 04:33 PM
IMHO, a dedicated distro just for stikcam and blogtv is a huge overkill. All you really need is a web browser and Adobe Flash.

PatrickMoore
October 31st, 2011, 03:35 AM
I am sure I would use it for more, but I think that would be a primary use for the system. the main things I would use windows for is really office and managing my phones. I prefer to do most of my computer activities on Linux as it is much leaner than Windows

mikewhatever
October 31st, 2011, 03:51 AM
While most Linux distros probably use less RAM and disk space, that's hardly relevant for flash streaming or broadcasting sites. In fact, you'll most likely find Flash performing better on Windows, thanks to better hardware acceleration support. Flash on Linux has become OK in the past year or tow, so that any main stream distro like Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Fedora, Sabayon, etc should equally suite you.

PatrickMoore
October 31st, 2011, 04:03 AM
I appreciate your input thank you