PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Screen Brightness has gone mental

inktomi
October 29th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hi there,

this is my first post here. its nice to be part of a forum that has helped me with so many issues in the past...for once though, I cant see my problem replicated anywhere else...

I have just upgraded to Oneiric Ocelot on my Samsung NF210 Netbook. I rebooted at the end of the install to complete it, and on the first boot up all looked well. Once I had entered my password at the user screen, I arrived at the desktop as usual, and a very strange thing occurred:

the screen brightness bar appeared at the top right without me touching any of the keys, and the screen went from dark to light, with the marker on the bar reflecting this, moving from left to right, completely out of my control. this did not stop until I rebooted. once logged in again, it started again.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, and how i can sort it. i have a partition and have logged into the windows part to come and post this - there are no brightness problems in this partition.

Hope this sounds soluble/solvable...

thanks

Inktomike
nb. i have noted this under ubuntu, not 'netbook remix' though i am running a netbook edition (but not sure if this means im running 'remix' or not...apols)

inktomi
October 31st, 2011, 05:12 PM
any ideas about this guys? it is still happening and is bothering me A LOT....

Thanks

Inktomike

inktomi
November 2nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
I am confused as to why I am getting no replies on this.

Is it in the wrong section? Too ridiculous to respond to? Unanswerable?

Please can someone respond to the thread just to show that it's possible. (sounding worryingly desperate now)

Mike