PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Expand Storage?

ReviewSpin
October 29th, 2011, 05:36 AM
If I installed it with Wubi, through windows so I can uninstall through Windows, can I go back and expand storage without re installing Ubuntu? Thanks!

BTW love the new look!

critin
October 29th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Maybe, with good instruction, but I would just make sure I gave it all the room I wanted at the time of installing. It would be safer since it will affect your Windows partition. Is the maximum 30 g or something like that?

madjr
October 29th, 2011, 05:50 AM
not really sure if its safe to or possible.

Also remember that wubi is just to "try" ubuntu for a while. Is usually faster on its own partition, doesnt fragment and wont die if anything happens to windows, unlike with a wubi install.

and if something does happen to windows you can save your files and keep using your computer if its installed on its partition.

So if you want to resize you may need to reinstall anyway, so think if you want to keep using it under windows or not.

ReviewSpin
October 29th, 2011, 06:53 AM
not really sure if its safe to or possible.

Also remember that wubi is just to "try" ubuntu for a while. Is usually faster on its own partition, doesnt fragment and wont die if anything happens to windows, unlike with a wubi install.

and if something does happen to windows you can save your files and keep using your computer if its installed on its partition.

So if you want to resize you may need to reinstall anyway, so think if you want to keep using it under windows or not.

Okay, cool. I'll download it and install it. I love this OS it's perfect.