PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Evolution Contacts error message using Google

Jonners59
October 28th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I have upgraded to 11.10 and am having error messages with the Contacts AddressBooks when using Google as an account. I set up the account by gouing in to Add Addressbook, then selecting the Google option and then username and password. It fails with all accounts, but ONLY in Contacts.

Unable to open address book

This address book cannot be opened. This either means that an incorrect URI was entered, or the server is unreachable.

Detailed error message: Cannot authenticate user: Invalid queryThe message is enclosed in a screen shot

Any ideas, please?

ANY HELP ANYONE, PLEASE???????

ElToro
November 7th, 2011, 05:45 PM
I have got a similar problem after updating to 11.10. Evolution just fails to get my Goggle Contacts. The only difference from Jonners59's problem is that I do not get any error message at all. :confused:

Tried to delete and add the address book again, but that didn't help.

A solution would be greatly appreciated...

Jonners59
November 7th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Pleased I am not the only one. Disappointed that no one has responded in support. Hopefully an administrator will pop-in and nudge this one.

ElToro
November 9th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Yes! Solved it! :popcorn:
Hopefully it works for everybody.

Do the following:

1) Close Evolution

2) Open up terminal and type:

evolution --force-shutdown3) Upon the successful termination of the Evolution process, type (still in terminal):

seahorseThis opens up the password manager.

4) Under the password-tab, click on the Passwords: login - folder.

5) Right click on any password(s) related to Gmail in Evolution and select delete. Comfirm deletion in the pop-up window.

6) Restart Evolution and go to Contacts.

7) Re-enter your Gmail-account password.

This should get all your Gmail contacts up and going in Evolution. :guitar:

Jonners59
November 10th, 2011, 10:00 AM
No, not for me. My tabs were empty, all of them. I do not have any security keys.

Any more ideas, guys?????????

ElToro
November 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Er... I think that's your problem right there; If you don't have any security keys you cannot connect to Google Contacts, right? Don't know what causes it, though... Or how to fix it...

donpeter06
November 10th, 2011, 04:16 PM
What all authentication methods have you choosen for your Gmail other than password!!!
If you have please post it.

Jonners59
November 10th, 2011, 06:14 PM
None....

I have logged in to another machine that does work and tried this out and yes, in the tab there are lists of URLs and passwords...

How do I fix this???????????

PS Interestingly, the machine that does have these entries, I have problems with my Opera browser in that it does not remember the Usernames and Passwords!!!!!

Jonners59
November 11th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Sorted by reinstalling upgrade.... Seems to work again. Thanks guys.

cantillon
September 3rd, 2012, 04:58 PM
ElToro's solution worked like a charm for me. Thanks a lot!