PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Windows starting under menu bar.

Carllacan
October 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Hi!

I've just upgraded to Ocelot and I'm having this little problem with my windows; when I open a new one it appears with his upper bar under my menu bar, so I have to drag it a few pixels down in order to see it completely.

Is this a generalized problem with Unity or I'm doing something wrong? I may have touched some things on the Compiz configuration...

Thanks!

Carllacan
October 28th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Bump.

Isn't any file I can edit to change the position where a window appears when is opened?

I think I could easily fix the problem with that.

kevinbeard
November 9th, 2011, 12:37 AM
I have exactly the same problem and have not found a solution yet :-(

typhoon_tip
November 9th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Bumped into this problem already many times while trying to "amend" some view settings. I don't know what's causing it, but I know how to fix it:

First, run:

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz-1

Then, open another terminal window, and run:

unity --reset

If you remain without a desktop and only with a Nautilus bar at the top of the screen, go to the first terminal window, and:

ccsm

(if is not installed, follow the instructions to install it)

Find the Unity plugin and enable it. Follow the on-screen instruction and fix the conflicts all "in favor of Unity".

Do not close any terminals, logout and login again, everything should be back to normal.

kevinbeard
November 10th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Bumped into this problem already many times while trying to "amend" some view settings. I don't know what's causing it, but I know how to fix it:

First, run:

gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/compiz-1

Then, open another terminal window, and run:

unity --reset

If you remain without a desktop and only with a Nautilus bar at the top of the screen, go to the first terminal window, and:

ccsm

(if is not installed, follow the instructions to install it)

Find the Unity plugin and enable it. Follow the on-screen instruction and fix the conflicts all "in favor of Unity".

Do not close any terminals, logout and login again, everything should be back to normal.

Great...that worked. It was a bit scary for a second as I lost unity, but killing and restarting lightdm seems to sort that out