PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] clicking sys tray icons, but menus close immediately

gamblor01
October 27th, 2011, 06:58 PM
I just upgraded my work machine to 11.10 today...my desktop at home is already upgraded. I don't know if this issue exists on my home system or not, but here at work I can't seem to open the menus for the sys tray icons with a click. Instead, I have to hold the mouse down for them to stay open.

I'm talking about the icons in the top right of the screen, along the menu bar. I'm using Unity pretty much straight out of the box. I did install gnome-tweak-tool to change my theme to radiance, my window borders to ambiance, and my icon theme to ubuntu-mono-light.

I found that if I click on my username or the "power" icon then those menus will open just fine. I can then mouse over to one of the other icons and it will stay open as well (without holding down the left mouse button). However, if I click on any of the other icons (envelope, network, volume, or clock) then the menu appears and disappears as soon as I let go of the mouse. This makes it very difficult to execute certain actions like changing a track in Banshee. If I have to hold down the mouse button then it will only let me hit the play button. Forward and back never get selected even when I hover over them.

Anyone else noticed this?

mjuhasz
October 27th, 2011, 07:41 PM
This issue has been fixed in unity 4.24. It has been rolled out today so if you update and restart your computer it will work just fine.

gamblor01
October 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Cool thanks! It seems to be working just fine now. :)

codedmin
October 31st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Not solved here :|
I have two monitors (don't know if that is the problem) but after the upgrade and with unity 4.24 my unity 2d still have this bug