PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Unity Super+D Shortcut not working in Ubuntu 11.10

lads
October 27th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hello everyone,

This morning I ran down the shortcut list (http://www.ubuntugeek.com/list-of-ubuntu-unity-keyboard-shortcuts.html) to see what is working and what is not; and Super+D is the only one that doesn't do what it should. Any ideas why?

Thanks.

lads
November 3rd, 2011, 09:17 AM
I've been running daily upgrades in the hope that this and other issues get solved, but no luck so far.

Today, trying to get windows to move across workspaces, I found out that the Compiz Put plug-in doesn't work either (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1874438), after experimenting with several different key combinations. Can this be related to the lack of the Super+D shortcut?

Also, I'm using a strange Suiss-German keyboard, could it be the cause?

Thank you.

stinkeye
November 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Not related to the Super+D shortcut.
Just a bug.
They changed the key back to ctrl+alt+d.
You can change it to Super+D in
ccsm > general options > key bindings

lads
November 3rd, 2011, 02:27 PM
Thank you stinkeye. I went to CCSM and changed the key combinations as you suggested, but it had no effect.

stinkeye
November 3rd, 2011, 03:11 PM
Try to change it in keyboard shortcuts as well.
Under navigation > hide all normal windows

lads
November 4th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Hi stinkeye, I don't have a Navigation item at CCSM. Do I need to install something else, or is the item somewhere else?

Thank you.

stinkeye
November 4th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Hi stinkeye, I don't have a Navigation item at CCSM. Do I need to install something else, or is the item somewhere else?

Thank you.
Open up the dash (Super key) and type in shortcut.
Click on the keyboard icon and then the shortcuts tab.
You'll find Hide all nornal windows under the navigation heading.

lads
November 4th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Thank you stinkeye, now it works. This overlapping between Compiz and the traditional settings is a bit confusing.