PDA

View Full Version : The Ubuntu Audio Show?

costoa
June 2nd, 2006, 07:07 PM
So anyone interested in starting such a thing? My general idea is a weekly (or so) show like Cartalk (http://www.cartalk.com/Radio/Show/). Give useful advice with kindly taunting people, maybe an interview a week and whatever else people want. Everyone working on each show (let's call them "producers" for now) gets the right to raw caller/interview tapes and the freedom to produce their own show under the same licence. I suspect some will help to produce a finished show while others will work on just the field stuff to get materials for their own show. Both are cool with me and IMO both are needed.

This would be a free venture, no pay, no fundraising and all material created would be copyrighted under the GNU FDL. I'd would like to give free plugs to Ubuntu and UF on a regular basis but that should be it. Not that it takes much money but I'm backing it, have a server for developement ready to go and will cover the other stuff.

My thought is one person works as the a central point and others phone/voip there parts. Editing can be shared if someone wants it. Majority votes carry choices among the producers. The goal is to have a mature, well produced show that is fun and useful.

Well, anyone interested or have any ideas?

ubuntu_demon
June 2nd, 2006, 07:11 PM
Here's an ubuntu podcast :

www.ubuntuos.com
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=161513

sal
June 2nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
yes this sounds like a grate idea.
the more people casting about ubuntu the better.
i would also be interested in being a part in some fashion.
let me know.

meng
June 2nd, 2006, 10:49 PM
I'm sure there's a niche for yet another Linux-based audiocast if the concept is carefulyl framed. For example:

What would distinguish this audiocast from other audiocasts? What else would be ubuntu-specific (as opposed to Linux-specific) about this show?
How reliant would the recording be on VoIP? I've found that sound quality is annoying and inconsistent when the show relies heavily on VoIP.
Do you envisage a fairly tight and highly edited show or a casual, rambling (lack of) format?
What level of audience experience would you be pitching at? Linux noobs or gurus?

I'd be interested in your thoughts. Myself, I think there may be a demand for a work-safe/family-friendly noob-to-intermediate tight Linux (emphasis on Ubuntu) program.

curuxz
June 2nd, 2006, 10:51 PM
I would be more than happy to help out with a Ubuntu post cast :D

Pm me if you need people/help setting up pocast

JoshHendo
June 6th, 2006, 11:55 AM
As ubuntu_demon mentioned ubove, tehre is a Ubuntu Podcast at www.ubuntuos.com/podcast .

I run that podcast, though I would be interested in expanding it.

I already have 3 other people interested in being a co-host. I am also looking for other "producers". Currently I am the only one that can really put together a show, though I would be happy to have other people on board.

How about a "community podcast", where everyone contributes.

If you would like to expand on the current podcast with some of these ideas, please contact me.

(Ps, the reason there wasn't a podcast this week was becuase I was away on camp, and my computer broke. That is why it would be a good idea to maybe have other producers).

I hope to hear from you soon!