PDA

View Full Version : [kde] Everytime I make a change I mess something up. Need help

GameDog(A)
October 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm currently using the newest version of Ubuntu and I decided to install the KDE GUI. Under KDE I changed my login screen. The change was applied system wide. I warm booted my computer. Logged back on and under the new(KDE) login screen it ask me to inter a Users name and password. I only created two accounts. My root account and a non-password protected Guest account. Under the new login screen it doesn't recognize any name I enter into the users name box. Any users name I put in isn't recognized(even the name register to the laptop). It does say it's my laptop on the top of the window box. Ubuntu has never asked me for a users name on login just my password with the option to login under Guest. Now I have to use a live CD to get access to the internet and my secondary storage drives. I don't want to restore my system because I can't login my computer. Any advise? How can I change my login screen back to the latest Ubuntu version without having access to my account, if that makes sense?