PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] copy files in a new usb stick, this new stick should still be bootable

lse123
October 26th, 2011, 08:52 AM
a)
when install ubuntu in a usb stick, and this boot success, if exact copy files in a new usb stick, this new stick should still be bootable?

b)
is this a solution:
make usb bootable
add linux software in it
burn all its contents to dvd-r [here - prior must create iso file]
THIS DVD-R Should be bootable?

raja.genupula
October 26th, 2011, 09:03 AM
a)
when install ubuntu in a usb stick, and this boot success, if exact copy files in a new usb stick, this new stick should still be bootable?

b)
is this a solution:
make usb bootable
add linux software in it

i think both are not possible

mastablasta
October 26th, 2011, 09:20 AM
a)

yes you need to clone it so the copy is exaclty the same (has all files) including all the hidden files etc.

b)
is this a solution:
make usb bootable
add linux software in it

i am not sure this one would work. you mean add persistence file to the live USB and then add programmes and then put all this on DVD? i am not sure if it will work.

If you installed it to USB (not live) and then used remastersys to create bootable ISO/DVD then yes that would be possible. same as other Ubuntu based distributions do it.

lse123
October 26th, 2011, 09:22 AM
a)"clone it" how i clone it?

b)"If you installed it to USB (not live) and then used remastersys to create bootable ISO/DVD then yes that would be possible. same as other Ubuntu based distributions do it."

this should included software added as additional(to usb stick)...?