PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with Unity, Chrome and Chomium

viper33
October 26th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently did a clean install and have everything up to date. I was using Chrome then tried to use alt-tab to switch between windows and chrome did not appear in the switcher. Also the icon on the sidebar did not have the arrow on the left to indicate it had a window open. When clicking on the icon a new Chrome window was opened instead of going to the current, open one. I switched over to Chromium and was using that briefly until the same thing has happened. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Timothy

webfiend
November 23rd, 2011, 05:35 AM
Hi everyone,

I recently did a clean install and have everything up to date. I was using Chrome then tried to use alt-tab to switch between windows and chrome did not appear in the switcher. Also the icon on the sidebar did not have the arrow on the left to indicate it had a window open. When clicking on the icon a new Chrome window was opened instead of going to the current, open one. I switched over to Chromium and was using that briefly until the same thing has happened. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Timothy

I'm seeing the same behavior with a fresh install of 11.10 and Chrome downloaded from chrome.google.com. Is this issue still recurring for you, or was there a fix?

Followup: Normal Alt-Tab expectations were restored for me after a couple of reboots.