PDA

View Full Version : How do I cancel a stuck mythexport job?

sqeelurgle
October 25th, 2011, 12:12 PM
I set a recording to export with mythexport. I may have not properly set up mythexport, but anyway I now want to cancel the job. It has been running without completing for over a week. I think part of the problem is that every time the machine boots, it adds the job into the mythexport queue again. I don't need the recording exported anymore, and want to cancel the job. I have deleted all the jobs from the mythexport queue. I have gone into system status and tried to stop the job in there, but it won't stop. I call up the menu, and select "stop" but it keeps running. I have tried to delete the original recording from the "watch recordings" screen, but it won't delete (I assume because it has a job running). I could probably delete the file from the terminal, but I am worried that this won't actually stop the errant job. I have killed the mythexport daemon from the terminal, but this doesn't allow me to stop the job, or delete the recording either. In the meantime I have a myth box that won't do commercial detection because another job is running, and won't shut down when idle, because it's never idle.

Help please.

DaveQB
November 16th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Try the "Job Queue" link on the mythexport web frontend.

I'd like a way to do it on mass through the CLI.

Anyone know??