PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Mouse on strike after xserver update

hexefroschbein
October 25th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Hi all, I have Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and on the 21st of October, the system updated itself, with the xserver being dealt with multiple times (example from the log files: configure xserver-common 2:1.7.6-2ubuntu7.10 2:1.7.6-2ubuntu7.10) I have a DELL Inspiron 9400 with a Synapses Touchpad and I use Compiz. I also use a Logitech mouse and keyboard plugged in at the same time. The automatic update of the xserver appears to have caused me a lot of mouse problems. They manifest as follows: 1. The mouse clicks stop working after a short while after reboot and I have to reboot. The failure seems to be partial, for example it may be possible to use the mouse to scroll in Firefox, but any clicking on menus or links is ignored, nor does clicking on the desktop manager to change desk top or any system menu work. However, it is still possible to type and also start an xterm with alt-F2 (and reboot :) 2. Exaile, the MP3 player, no longer stops the track after completion on the playlist on right click, despite visual confirmation.(it used to before this change) 3. When I try to use dwell click, the entire window theme appearance changes and dwell click gives me the expected visual feedback upon activation, but no clicking occurs upon dwelling anymore. Many thanks for any advice you may have! Hexe F.