View Full Version : Multiple remote button clicks per actual click

October 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM
After upgrade from Mythbuntu 11.04 to 11.10 everytime I press a remote button it is interpreted (at least) twice.

This makes navigation in the menus almost impossible.

This is the case for my Logitech Harmony one remote, but also (to a bit lesser degree) to the origial Hauppauge remote.

Has something like this changed in lirc?

What can I try?

ian dobson
October 24th, 2011, 08:27 PM

I had exactly the same problem with my serial/hauppage 350 remote setup, and ended up manually editing the lirc config file.

Open your lircd.conf file in /etc/lirc and see what files are included (in my case /usr/share/lirc/remotes/hauppauge/lircd.conf.hauppauge) and then edit the file deleting all remotes, other than the one you actually have.

To find which remote you have/lirc it using start a terminal window then run sudo irw and then press afew keys on the remote.

Ian Dobson

October 26th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Hi there,

I had a similar issue to this in 11.10 and found changing the delay and repeat period in ir-keytable was the fix, but if you have not had to deal with ir-keytable at all it might be a different issue.

Hope this is helpful!

October 26th, 2011, 10:40 PM

What is the ir-keytable, and where can I find one?

October 29th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hi There,

sudo ir-keytable

Will show you the properties you currently have set.

sudo ir-keytable --delay 500
sudo ir-keytable --period 50

Would set the delay before repeating to 500ms, and the repeat period to 50ms. You can have any value from 1 to 1410065407 (as far as I can tell).

Note that with your Harmony One, it may be repeating the signal itself after a certain delay, but this won't affect the Hauppauge remote, so you can use that to troubleshoot.