PDA

View Full Version : Dapper Power Manager Warning

jblaty
June 2nd, 2006, 03:08 PM
I upgraded Breezy to Dapper, yesterday, using apt-get. Everything seemed to work fine.

One bothersome quirk is that I'm now getting a warning dialog box every time I log into my system using the NX client (it doesn't appear when logging in at the console, as much as I've seen):

"Warning
This program canot start until you start the dbus session service.

This is usually started automatically in X or gnome startup when you start a new session."

I hit the "Close" button, and all appears to be fine.

Oh, one other annoyance -- the File Browser starts every time I log on -- either at the console or via NX.

Any ideas?

karthik085
June 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
I upgraded Breezy to Dapper, yesterday, using apt-get. Everything seemed to work fine.

One bothersome quirk is that I'm now getting a warning dialog box every time I log into my system using the NX client (it doesn't appear when logging in at the console, as much as I've seen):

"Warning
This program canot start until you start the dbus session service.

This is usually started automatically in X or gnome startup when you start a new session."

I hit the "Close" button, and all appears to be fine.

Oh, one other annoyance -- the File Browser starts every time I log on -- either at the console or via NX.

Any ideas?
For file browser to not start up every time you log on, comment out similar following lines in .gnome2/session
4,id=default4
4,Priority=10
4,RestartCommand=nautilus --no-default-window --sm-client-id default4

jblaty
June 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks, the file browser stopped popping up, but that got rid of my desktop background. :(

Also, no response on the warning popup? Anybody?

Getwild2
June 8th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks, the file browser stopped popping up, but that got rid of my desktop background. :(

Also, no response on the warning popup? Anybody?
I'm watching this thread as I have the same problem.

Someone told me to update to the latest NVidia drivers and it'll fix the problem, I did so and the problem went away...for the most part. Right now I ONLY get the error when I log in remotely via FreeNX. When I boot/log in at home I do not get the error.

See my thread on this subject here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=189753

jblaty
June 8th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Thanks. I updated the nVidia driver, and still have the same issue. Generally, I only log onto this box via FreeNX, as it's "headless" on my network.

jblaty
June 19th, 2006, 03:47 PM
Any update on this issue? Has anyone isolated why this is happening on FreeNX?

Getwild2
June 22nd, 2006, 03:35 PM
Any update on this issue? Has anyone isolated why this is happening on FreeNX?
Not that I know of.