PDA

View Full Version : Linux.conf.au - Ballarat 2012

Flymo
October 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Greetings to all! :D

Anyone here planning to go to Ballarat (http://linux.conf.au/) in January?

We were booked in last year in Brisbane, but had to turn back because of the floods.

This time we're sticking a boat on the trailer! <grin>

They still had some slots at the cheaper 'early bird' rate last time I looked.

ilovelinux33467
October 23rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Yes, I'll be there. :)

Flymo
October 25th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Excellent!

Hope to see you there - do you have any specific interests this year?

Ben

ilovelinux33467
October 25th, 2011, 10:57 PM
Yes - the talk on btrfs looks quite interesting. So does the memory error handling in Linux talk. I also want to look at the SysAdmin and the High Availability and Distributed Storage MiniConfs.

Looking forward to seeing you there :).

Flymo
October 26th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Yes, Avi Miller on BTRFS does look interesting - but as always there's a clash with something else I'd like to see - the OGPC idea is pretty much what I like to do.

Always the way with these events, so much good material.

I should have a car with me - Ballarat's a pretty short drive from Bendigo where we are. The boat & trailer option will depend on how the weather looks nearer the day - but I'm told that we're expecting more rain.

If you need a lift, let me know.

Ben

Ji Ruo
October 26th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm hoping to be there, possibly as a volunteer

3rdalbum
October 26th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I'll be in Melbourne from the 10th to the 17th. I don't know when linux.conf.au is on, but I don't think I'll have time to go even if it's on when I'm in Melbourne.

ilovelinux33467
October 26th, 2011, 09:06 PM
If you need a lift, let me know.

Ben

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know if I need one :).

ilovelinux33467
October 26th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'll be in Melbourne from the 10th to the 17th. I don't know when linux.conf.au is on, but I don't think I'll have time to go even if it's on when I'm in Melbourne.

It's on from the 16th to the 20th :).

Flymo
November 17th, 2011, 07:48 AM
...and the necro-ghoul exhumes the thread to say hi! Been traveling, been poorly. ( Don't ask! ;) )

Hope to see those of you who can make it - PM me if you want to make contact before everything starts, although there's usually plenty of WiFi at the conf.

Ben

ikt
November 17th, 2011, 04:53 PM
If I have the cash and the days off hell yeah!