PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Disable Home Autostart & Missing Right Click Menu...

kjacobs
October 23rd, 2011, 06:37 PM
Hi all,

Well I somehow messed something up on my desktop while playing with the menus and now every time I reboot the HOME directory automatically launches. I figure out at one point how to shut that off, but cannot locate the solution this time. It is not in the STARTUP settings for applications. I remember there being a command line to clear that from happening.

Also, I used to be able to right click the desktop and have the options to CREATE LAUNCHER...CREATE URL LINK....etc. Now I have a very basic menu, which I don't want and cannot seem to get back the normal menu. I have checked desktop icons and it is set for FILE/LAUNCHER ICONS....so how do I get back the real menu.....

This has been very frustrating to have this change all of a sudden.....thanks in advance.

Ken

gsmanners
October 23rd, 2011, 08:18 PM
I'm just guessing here but maybe you installed Ubuntu and then Xfce, but now Nautilus is conflicting, right? Have you tried uninstalling Nautilus?

kjacobs
October 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM
AHA! That was it.....I removed Nautilus and everything straightened out.

After the recent upgrade to 11.10, the default desktop was absolutely awful...so I took others advice and installed XFCE, which has been 1000% better. However, occasional glitches with things switching have left me baffled. This looks much better....MANY THANKS!

Ken

kjacobs
February 9th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Well crud...its happened again. This morning I tried to burn a CD. Not sure if this happened when CD/DVD Creator launched or when I tried XFBurn. However, it hosed my entire desktop. It changed my background, my icons, my menus, everything. I cannot seem to get it back the way it was before. This happened before when I switched to XFCE and Nautilus was conflicting, but Nautilus is not installed this time. Any thoughts???????

Ken