PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Problem with Unity in 11.10

jalberro
October 23rd, 2011, 04:21 PM
Hello!
Yesterday I upgrade from 11.04 to 11.10 and now I've a problem with the style of Unity and Unity 2D. As you can see in the screenshot, the top bar is gray without style and the icons looks old (classic theme I think). I believe this is a problem with my user because if I create a new one, everything looks fine.

I try with

unity --reset and

unity --reset-icons but doesn't work. Also, I try to change the theme from Appearance but nothing happens :(

Any idea? Thanks in advanced!

Paddy Landau
October 23rd, 2011, 05:36 PM
Try this.

Run ccsm (Alt-F2 and enter ccsm). If it is not installed, install ccsm through Ubuntu Software Manager, Synaptic Package Manager or the command line (whichever you prefer).
Select Desktop on the left.
If ticked, untick Ubuntu Unity Plugin. (Do not exit ccsm yet.) Your Unity bars will disappear (scary!).
Now tick Ubuntu Unity Plugin. If it displays one or more messages about conflicts, every time select the right-hand button (to disable the conflicting setting). Your Unity bars will re-appear -- be patient, it may take two or three minutes, or even longer on an older machine.

Log out. Log back in again.

Frogs Hair
October 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
The following command works in some cases.
nautilus -q

jalberro
October 24th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Thanks for all the tips, but I don't have lucky with anyone :(

I solve the problem with this

mv /home/USER/.config/dconf/user /home/USER/.config/dconf/user.oldThat file has all the preferences for the user, so if I rename it, in the first login the OS will create a new one :)

Thanks again!

Paddy Landau
October 24th, 2011, 10:09 AM
That's a great tip. Thanks for sharing your solution.

jalberro
October 24th, 2011, 03:51 PM
That's a great tip. Thanks for sharing your solution.

You're welcome :)

_Impact_
October 24th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Thanks for all the tips, but I don't have lucky with anyone :(

I solve the problem with this

mv /home/USER/.config/dconf/user /home/USER/.config/dconf/user.oldThat file has all the preferences for the user, so if I rename it, in the first login the OS will create a new one :)

Thanks again!

Thanks, this helped me as well!!!