PDA

View Full Version : Hack a small video playback program

cap10Ibraim
October 23rd, 2011, 02:32 PM
is there a simple program that I can use to play a video file that keep growing in size
I'm capturing a video using cheese
wrote small code that send the file while recording to another host
the file received keep growing in size as it should be but I have to open Totem again to play the extra received packets
If you can point me to small app that use C , so I can implement select() while opening the media file

DarkAmbient
October 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM
If I understood correctly, you want to record a video while you watch what's being recorded? Doesn't most (all?) video-capturing software let you do that?

cap10Ibraim
October 23rd, 2011, 02:50 PM
I'm capturing video through a cam
while recording i'm sending the file through a network to hosts
the file keep assembling correctly while received , but the playback program open a fixed size file in other words it only play the bytes received by the time the playback program is opened , even though more packets are being added to the file

Ms. Daisy
October 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'm capturing video through a cam
while recording i'm sending the file through a network to hosts
the file keep assembling correctly while received , but the playback program open a fixed size file in other words it only play the bytes received by the time the playback program is opened , even though more packets are being added to the file Why can't you stream it to the hosts and capture the recording separately?