PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless does not connect to network on a wubi install of ubuntu 11.10

siddugan
October 22nd, 2011, 09:53 PM
Hello ppl,

I have just installed 11.10 using wubi on my desktop. I am able to see the wireless network but am not able to connect to the same :(. I have a realtek 8188 USB wireless adapter. I do not think that the adapter is the problem as the adapter is able to scan and recognize the various networks around. Any help greatly appreciated.:)

Thanks

siddugan
October 25th, 2011, 05:12 PM
still seeking help on this one. :D

psrdotcom
October 25th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Try to install the wireless drivers ..

siddugan
November 1st, 2011, 07:55 PM
I had been trying to install the wireless drivers before but I guess I kept getting errors coz I was trying to install it on 11.10 where the kernel version is 3.0.0.12 and my USB adapter only supported until 2.6.38. I had to downgrade to 11.04 for the adapter to work. And now I guess I would have to install the driver everytime I restart which is a pain. Not sure why this is happening. Any thoughts?

siddugan
November 2nd, 2011, 02:31 AM
and now :mad: when the wireless was working fine today gives me problems again today. when i try to insmod the .ko file, i get the error invalid module format. I am not sure why as everything was working fine yesterday when I tried the same thing. could anyone please throw more light into this. :confused: