PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sound muted on startup each time 11.10

ByTheNine
October 22nd, 2011, 11:38 AM
There's another thread with a similar title, but the last person to answer seems to think they fixed the problem, but it didn't work for me. So here goes:

Just updated to 11.10, and I changed the startup sound to something cool(GOT theme song). However, each time I log in, the sound is muted, even though I've gone into sound settings and set everything I could to loud.

I'll set my volume to loud, play a song (it's loud), then immediately restart to find that my volume has been lowered for me. What can I do!?

I'm thinking maybe this is a bug or something? As far as what I can do with menus and settings, I've done it. Maybe there is a Terminal fix?

raja.genupula
October 23rd, 2011, 01:57 PM
There's another thread with a similar title, but the last person to answer seems to think they fixed the problem, but it didn't work for me. So here goes:

Just updated to 11.10, and I changed the startup sound to something cool(GOT theme song). However, each time I log in, the sound is muted, even though I've gone into sound settings and set everything I could to loud.

I'll set my volume to loud, play a song (it's loud), then immediately restart to find that my volume has been lowered for me. What can I do!?

I'm thinking maybe this is a bug or something? As far as what I can do with menus and settings, I've done it. Maybe there is a Terminal fix?

Look at this thread at post number #9
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1862022

all the best.