PDA

View Full Version : whats the differences between python and c++?

crimscx
October 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM
im curios so i know which language i know i would like to learn?

karlson
October 22nd, 2011, 06:20 AM

You are asking the wrong question. The question you should be asking is based on what you are trying to do which language would suit it best and learn that one.

There are way too many differences in Syntax, memory management capabilities, available libraries, performance...

lykwydchykyn
October 22nd, 2011, 06:25 AM
Well, python is an interpreted/byte-compiled language, which means you don't manually compile your source, it gets byte-compiled by the interpreter when you run it. So it's slower, but higher-level and easier to learn.

It's also dynamically typed, which means you don't have to specify a type for variables you create, and can re-use variables with different types of data.

It's got a lot of powerful data types and libraries built right in.

It's got built-in garbage collection, and you really don't need to think much about managing memory.

C++ is compiled, and a bit lower-level than python. It's very powerful, and usually will run faster, but requires you to think a good deal more about the nuts and bolts of memory.

ofnuts
October 22nd, 2011, 12:34 PM
If you have never programmed before, go with Python because making your first programs will be a lot easier.

Programming is much more than knowing a programming language, even if it helps. You can take up C++ later and most of the things you learned with Python will still be applicable.