PDA

View Full Version : [xfce] Lock Screen option missing, problems with workarounds

james_mcl
October 21st, 2011, 10:17 PM
I've been trying out xfce for the first time, and while I rather like it, I have run in to quite a few teething problems.

One of these is that the "Action Buttons" don't offer "Lock Screen" as an option; furthermore there's nothing like Gnome's Lock Screen panel applet.

I did manage, by right-clicking on the Action Button and choosing Properties, to get it to split into two separate buttons - the top one offering the Shut Down/Log Out etc dialog (with the odd exception of Lock Screen), the lower button being Lock Screen.

However, the two buttons are really very small and fiddly, and unlike Gnome's Lock Screen, which would instantly blank the screen, this s-l-o-w-l-y darkens the screen until it's gone completely black.

Can anyone suggest a way of getting the same kind of screen-locking functionality as possessed by Gnome 2 into xfce?

Rodney9
October 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM
Go to 'Settings' 'Screensaver' 'Advanced' 'Fading and Colourmaps' change fade duration to zero.

'Settings' 'Keyboard' has xflock4 set at 'control alt delete'