PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Saving as HTML in calc, 11.10 + LibreOffice

GSD4ME
October 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM
(have also posted this in the OpenOffice forum to try and get to the bottom of it but have duplicated it here to try and cover as many reviewers as possible)

Anyone else having great problems with the upgrade to Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) and LibreOffice?

Some of my CALC spreadsheets:

Cannot be seen in "page preview"
Cannot be printed at all
Cannot be saved in HTML format - neither via menu nor macro. The file produced is missing all the data, although the formatted cells are output.

all of which ran perfectly in previous versions of Ubuntu

The printer problems seem to be generic through the LibreOffice suite, even though the printer drivers etc. are all installed.

Doing some investigations, it isn't EVERY file - only some, and even then it is only some sheets in some files, none of which seem to differ from any other sheet or file. Also happens across all users on the laptop, not just mine.

I have done an upgrade from 11.04 to 11.10 (rather than a new install) and this is when the problems seem to have started.

Other posters on the OpenOffice forum have had no problems with their files (they haven't tried mine!) but they did a clean install of 11.10.

I can post an example file if anyone would like to try and see it happening - the file is nothing special - only rugby results from county youth leagues that are to be updated. The macros contained within the file are translations from the original VBA in EXCEL and so not be the most perfect way of doing things but, as indicated, they used to the job last week! Don't know what the etiquette is for posting a file containing macros - am I allowed to do so? May, of course, not be needed as the "save as HTML" command is failing both as a macro *and* as a menu-driven action, so probably only the actual spreadsheets are needed to be posted.

Hope someone can help as the league results are coming in!

vasa1
October 21st, 2011, 01:43 PM
(have also posted this in the OpenOffice forum to try and get to the bottom of it but have duplicated it here to try and cover as many reviewers as possible)...

One more place you can post is here:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html

If you're lucky, a knowledgeable person might spot it.

All the best!