PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] where to activate Assistive Technology features in Ubuntu 11.10?

chenjianyyzz
October 21st, 2011, 05:46 AM
Hello,

I am try to use LDTP, and it's said that the Assistive Technology features need to be activated, but I can not find where to activate, my Ubuntu is 11.10, does any one be kind to help?

my mailbox is: jian.chen@leica-microsystems.com

Thanks in advanced

mcduck
October 21st, 2011, 07:52 AM
Click the Shutdown/Settings icon in the top right screen corner (just right from your user name). Select "System Settings", and you'll find the "Universal Access" options there.

chenjianyyzz
October 21st, 2011, 08:17 AM
Thank you, mcduck,

but from the "Universal Access", I can not find the checkbox like "Enable assistive technologies", it seems in this version of Ubuntu, the assistive technologies is devided into several parts, like "Seeing", "Hearing, "Typing", "Pointing and Clicking"

and now what I want to do is to use the LDTP, I don't know which option should I turn on,

do you have any idea on how / what to enable for LDTP

(what I meet error in LDTP is:
ldtp.client_exception.LdtpExecutionError: Unable to find window..." )

Thank you.

mcduck
October 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Enabling any of those options should also enable assistive technologies support.

Anyway, you could also try this:

gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface toolkit-accessibility true

(instead of running the command you can also install the dconf-tools (apt:dconf-tools)-package and then use dconf-editor to change they key)