PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.10 -> 11.04 Upgrade: "Could not find the release notes"

mikar48
October 20th, 2011, 09:52 PM
Hi!

Today i upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10 without any problems.
When i upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10, I kept all my configuration files - that's all i had
to click in this update procedure.

Now, i tried to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.04. When I click on the "Upgrade" Button at the top of the Update Manager, i get the Message

"Could not find the release notes"
The server may be overloaded.

I tried to solve it using other people's posts, but i wasn't lucky.
Maybe there's someone out there who can suggest a solution to this problem.

Greetings,
Mikar

bruno philipe
October 21st, 2011, 02:17 AM
Yes. I am having the same problem. Trying to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.10, because 10.04 had some video card incompatibilities with my card.

I read I can't do a direct upgrade from 10.10 to 11.10 because this may cause kernel harms. But when I try to update it I receive the message "Could not find the release notes; The server may be overloaded.".

I have already tried changing between many mirrors and the main server and I am receiving the same error. I don't think so many people is updating ubuntu at this time to cause this, so I believe this is related to something else.

Can I do an upgrade from the live CD?

sodra
October 21st, 2011, 02:59 AM
I have the same problem.
Ive tried using the terminal also and it won't work either.

MarjaE
October 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
Yes. I am having the same problem. Trying to upgrade from 10.10 to 11.10, because 10.04 had some video card incompatibilities with my card.

I read I can't do a direct upgrade from 10.10 to 11.10 because this may cause kernel harms. But when I try to update it I receive the message "Could not find the release notes; The server may be overloaded.".

I have already tried changing between many mirrors and the main server and I am receiving the same error. I don't think so many people is updating ubuntu at this time to cause this, so I believe this is related to something else.

Can I do an upgrade from the live CD?

I burned an 11.04 live cd but can't get it to do an upgrade - only a new installation. I like 10.10 but I need 11.04 to get my email working and keep my touchpad from going haywire.