PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 11.10 volume slider broken

varikonniemi
October 20th, 2011, 03:44 PM
Hello, this is the only one remaining of the myriad of problems i had after installing (clean) the dreamy cat, so hopefully someone knows whats up.

On 11.04 it worked fine, but now it has basically 3 settings, 4 depending on the mood if you wish. It is either muted, ~1% or ~100% of volume, sometimes muted, 0% or 100% volume. I can scroll the bar, it moves normally, but it only has any effect if i press mute and when i go from first to second "step"

I'll take out the :popcorn: while waiting for a fix, maybe the ocelot is just hungry and starts to cooperate after some popped corn.

edit: it lives with a p5q pro and 6870, audio coming out via digital coaxial.

Furcifer
October 21st, 2011, 12:45 AM
Yep, my MUTE function doesn't work at all with Oneiric. This ASUS laptop has run every update since Jaunty, and this is the first time this problem has come up.

Tried bringing up Chrome Angry Birds online and it freezes everything but the music... Had to just power off to get out of that.

I've also noticed that on previous releases, the mute setting was persistent through shutdown and startup. Now, it's not persistent and doesn't actually mute sound, either.

varikonniemi
November 8th, 2011, 02:18 PM
nothing